Monday, October 29, 2012

Cha-cha-changes.....Ain't NO Mountain!

Well, it has been a veeeery long time since I have posted. But, boy have there been sum changes 'round here, folks! BIG changes! CRAZY changes! HUGE Changes! And let me tell you, I am just freaking giddy about them!


Firstly and most importantly....we have found a little man that we are in lovedy, love, love LOVE with! He is our son and we cannot wait to go get him! But, there's a catch......he's somewhere far, far away. Like L*thuani*, far away! But it's all good, because it is just absolutely meant to be! This is what all of this work/pain/time/money/heartache/wait has been bringing us to!  Mommy and daddy are moving mountains to get to you, baby boy!


My heart breaks that he goes to sleep, alone, every night.....no mommy and daddy to read him a book, tuck him in and say his prayers with him. Does anyone come when he cries in the night? Can he walk yet? Talk yet? What does his voice sound like? So many questions, so many things we want to know!  I thought the waiting before finding our child was hard? Haha! Nothing prepared me for this kind of waiting. 

So, where are we in the process? We have been accepted by the agency and committed to this particular child. (Sorry no names or pictures yet! Until our dossier is accepted by his country, we can't publicly announce any specific details. Trust, me I want to scream it from the roof tops and plaster his picture all over the place! But, we can't.....just yet!) Our homestudy has been accepted and approved and we are currently working on our dossier. Our 1-800 immigration paperwork is ready to go, we just don't have quite enough money to send it in yet. Which is killing me.....money. Stinking money holding us up! As of right now we need $890 to send in our immigration paperwork and $6600 for our dossier.We are busy applying for grants and praying hard that some of those come through, because this is not a cheap process and sadly those amounts are just the tip of the iceberg. We are also trying to figure out some more fundraiser ideas, which I am sure everyone is really thrilled about (insert sarcastic eye-roll here)! He has some medical issues, so getting him home quickly is very, very important!  

But we will do whatever it takes.....

We will cross seas and move mountains to bring this baby home.....because that, my friends, is what mommies and daddies do for their babies.


1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through the new commitments page on RR & I am SO EXCITED Kael's family has found him at last!! I featured him on my old blog & have since thought of & prayed for him often. Your baby reminds me of a little boy I know & love in real life (a former student) and I just can't get over how HAPPY I am!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice...remember I cry easily! ;0)