Friday, April 12, 2013

What's Going On???

Well, it's been a long time since I have written a post.....like, January long! I had to back off for a while..... adoption is a long, hard journey and let's face it, not everyone is so nice and understanding about what we are doing. I had gotten too many nasty comments on my blog and couldn't take any more, so I quit. Like a big, fat, quitter. But I have heard from so many people that follow us and they want to know what the heck, so I'm back! Until another meanie says something, then I will probably be back in the corner in the fetal position, rocking and singing the Sesame Street theme. Happy place = Big Bird. Right???


We are still moving forward and still fundraising, (unfortunately!) and have a huge fundraiser happening next Saturday! It's through Both Hands and is truly living out James 1:27 and helping a widow and an orphan! Check it out! It's one of my favorite things.....if I were Oprah, people would be all over this thing! 

http://bothhands.org/jeff-and-shauna-saubers


 We have been given an official referral and Henry is OURS!!! Our facilitator travels to his orphanage this coming Monday to get new pictures (Squee!!! We have only ever seen one picture of him! ONE! I could possibly wet my pants!) and medical records! This is a day we have been waiting for, for a very long time! We look to possibly travel in June and if all goes well and we are granted a waiver, will bring him home that trip! We are praying that the funding will be there by that time and we can go when the say GO! I can't stress enough how much this little boy needs to come home! He's alone. In an orphanage. It's heartbreaking as his mother to think of that and go to sleep at night knowing that your child is in that situation. It is something that I didn't take into account when we started this process.....but again, adoption is hard stuff. Beautiful, but so, so stinkin' hard!


We also have a very sweet friend that has a little boy with Down syndrome, just like Henry! And it's his birthday tomorrow! And guess what his momma is doing??? She has asked that instead of presents for her little boy and his special day, to please bring a donation to Henry instead! How sweet is that??? How do you repay someone for that? I'm blown away by the kindness we have seen in our journey. There's that beautiful thing that keeps coming up!


We are also the Give1Save1 Eastern Europe Family of the Week coming up! I will post a link for that later! 

I know we have a lot of fundraisers going on, but man, this process is wicked expensive! We are now on a rescue mission to bring Henry home.....what waits for him after the orphanage is a death sentence for him if we don't go get him. That, my friends, is not going to happen! So, when you see yet another fundraiser, please don't roll your eyes and think "Good grief! Another one?!?!". We aren't  asking for you to fund a trip to Disney, you are truly helping save a life. And  THAT, my friends, is a beautiful thing.


1 comment:

Be nice...remember I cry easily! ;0)